Roadnight Taylor are the leading consultancy specialising in grid connections for GB electricity networks. The decarbonisation and growth of the economy depends entirely on the deployment of smart and affordable network solutions and infrastructure where and when they are needed. This is their area of focus.
Roadnight Taylor have moved to a 4-day work week, thanks in part to significant time savings and administrative efficiencies created through a Dynamics CRM and Smartsheet integration project combined with Smarter Launch Pad.
Roadnight Taylor linking MS Dynamics to Smartsheet for Optimal Workflows
As this independent specialist grid consultancy grows, with new staff and services offered regarding the electricity networks, the challenge increases to manage processes efficiently across all functions.
We identified one significant process for improvement:
- New opportunity data was entered into MS Dynamics, their CRM.
- On winning an opportunity, the correct Smartsheet template was identified manually from the pool of circa 15 templates (templates drove specific task lists tailored to the planned service).
- The Smartsheet template was then saved as new, so creating a task list sheet for each ‘won’ opportunity.
- Seven Smartsheet summary fields were then manually entered into the summary pane to enable the assigned engineer and other employees to find related data (thus duplicating data entry efforts as the data was already in the CRM).
- Finally, the new sheet was moved to a client folder.
Although this process worked, it required a licensed Smartsheet user to complete the process. Human errors occurred e.g. selecting the wrong template sheet; editing templates (instead of saving as new); entering incorrect data into summary pane fields.
Roadnight Taylor wanted to automate the creation of the service driven Smartsheet task lists, while flagging an opportunity win in one system and populating the appropriate data quickly in Smartsheet. This would allow a quick, methodical approach to action ‘won’ tasks, while enabling full visibility for management.
The Solution for Roadnight Taylor is Smarter Launch Pad and a Dynamics Integration
Snarter Business Processes, working with Roadnight Taylor and their MS Dynamics consultants, created a solution using Smarter Launch Pad and the API from both systems:
- ‘Opportunity Won’ flag triggers the CRM to send key information through to a Smartsheet intake sheet.
- This in turn triggers Smarter Business Processes’premium app Smarter Launch Pad to select the correct template and merge the data from MS Dynamics into a new task list sheet.
- An automatic alert tells the administrator that the sheet is ready for use.
The new administrative process is much more efficient and has been fundamental in enabling the team to reduce their work schedule to a 4-day working week.
Roadnight Taylor now receive ready to use service driven tasks lists in Smartsheet within minutes of adding data to CRM. It saves many working hours in the week, previously spent on administration. Hours of administrative time have been liberated because routine tasks are now fully automated:
– Time saved – Duplicating data across two systems is no longer necessary.
– Time saved – Team no longer perform admin tasks in Smartsheet, nor are they waiting for a licensed user to create sheets. Instead, Smarter Launch Pad automatically deploys, populates and links templates.
“We knew that Smartsheet had incredible potential, but we realised we were only using it in a very rudimentary way. It had become something of an admin monster. We needed genuine experts to help us identify how the functionality could be applied to our business in a practical way, in order to create a really robust but agile operations function.
Our collaboration with Debbie and the technical team at Smarter Business Processes was a game-changer, enabling us to streamline processes, improve efficiencies, reduce margin for error and increase productivity. In turn, this has been fundamental in Roadnight Taylor taking the decision to move to a four-day work week. And through our ongoing relationship with Smarter Business Processes, we are still finding new and innovative ways to develop and grow the business, as well as ensuring that we maintain the high standards of very personal service that our clients have come to expect.”
Lucy Taylor, Operations Director for Roadnight Taylor.
If you are interested in learning more about how Smarter Business Processes can help you with your organisation and you feel the Roadnight Taylor case study could be a useful example please get in touch.
Contact us to arrange a free one hour consultation. CONTACT US