Customer: EMCOR UK
EMCOR UK is the country’s leading authority in high-performance, sustainable integrated facilities and workplace management delivering service and innovation to their clients.
Operating with a track record of success in some of the most complex and regulated workplaces in the UK – delivering services to industry sectors including life sciences, defence, nuclear, hi-tech manufacturing and central government.
Working in partnership with a key pharma client to deliver an App solution for a weekly check to all LEV assets in order to increase visibility and compliance of over 1200 assets, in real
time. The client required increased checks with accessible, auditable data to allow them to understand their asset base more comprehensively going forward. Their current format, held within their CMMS system, has limited reporting functionality and does not allow any analysis of key data such as failure by fault type or by manufacturer or highest use by location.
The Smartsheet Solution
After analysing the current data collection and understanding the additional data points required in building the weekly schedule, a Smartsheet and AppSheet solution was created to collect and hold inspection data for all LEV checks across all sites. AppSheet forms are used to update the LEV asset data with the inspection results, which then feeds to a set of Smarter Dashboards driven by data held in Smartsheet.
The dashboards give drill down capability to individual sites, allowing targeted analysis on risk data, inspection progress and failure statistics on assets.
Per Week !!
The Smartsheet App solution has simplified the maintenance of this Important data. It can now be visualised in a Dashboard that is easily accessible and allows the scientists to have asset data real-time.Global Pharma Lab Manager
- Single point of data in a Dashboard – which is legible, auditable and visible to all parties
- Confidence that the data is complete, attributable and contemporaneous with dashboard updating in real time
- In-built security to ensure data integrity, including photographic evidence achieving true compliance
- Portfolio metric data available on progress of weekly checks, as well as trend data over time to determine areas of risk and opportunity
- % completion of weekly tests and tests per day to model future workload
- All data owned by the client allowing analysis of common faults and most reliable suppliers for future capital purchases
- Programme Leader has gained at least 1 day a week back from administration work to use against managing risks
The Initiative Numbers/ Stats
- 200 hrs consultants time to analyse and complete the solution – £12,500
- Eliminated administrative activity around raising and closing 1200 jobs per week. Equivalent to 2.5 people, excluding training, sickness etc @ £65,000 pa
- 5,200 Lab Manager hours repurposed at a saving of £140,000 pa