The Smarter PDF Creator
New Feature – Smarter PDF Creator PLUS
In response to customer demand, our clients speak and we listen, the result is the Smarter PDF Creator just got smarter!
“The Smarter PDF Creator just got smarter! It can now create Microsoft Word documents from Smartsheet data too! Create documents in either PDF or MS Word format from data held in one or more Smartsheets.
Insert data, add pictures and create tables that expand to fit all your information in.”
Doesn’t Smartsheet have a Document Builder already? Why do I need yours?
Yes, Smartsheet has a Generate Document function embedded in their sheet’s row menu. It allows you to map columns from your sheet into either an editable PDF template or a DocuSign template.
Do you face these challenges?
This is a great feature if:
- All the data you need in the document is in one row of your sheet
- You have an editable PDF app or you have a DocuSign licence
- You only need to have a PDF created
- The tables in your generated document always have the same number of rows and don’t ever need to expand based on your data.
If there isn’t an issue with any of these bullet points for you, then click this link to read how Smartsheets own Document Builder works.
However, if you:
- Don’t have access to an editable PDF app
- Don’t have a DocuSign licence
- Require data from multiple rows/sheets
- Prefer a choice between MS Word or a PDF as an output format
- Want to be able to fill your document with a variable data set and not a fixed one
…then our Smarter PDF Creator has been designed to do all these things. It enables you to really create the documents you NEED.
What can you do with Smarter PDF Creator Plus
1. With Smarter PDF Creator you can
- Create any type of document you like: E.g. Quotations, forms, questionnaires, invoices, product lists, contracts, risk assessment documents, minutes etc.
- Choose between any PDF or MS Word output.
- Trigger document creation manually or automatically.
2. With Smarter PDF Creator you can
- Take Smartsheet data from a single sheet or multiple sheets.
- Insert tables of any length.
- Incorporate images from your Smartsheet cells.
- Either attach the doc to a row in Smartsheet or email the doc to a nominated recipient.
3. With Smarter PDF Creator you can
- Trigger a document creation multiple times and store each version using Smartsheets version control.
- Use in conjunction with Smartsheet’s Control Center to automatically create PDFs or MS Word documents from any Control Center assets.
What do clients say about Smarter PDF Creator?
Sony Electronics is a leading provider of audio/video electronics and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets.
As part of their recruitment process, the HR team at Sony have to manage and administer extensive lists of questions. These range from standard procedural questions to technical, more role-specific ones. These “question lists” are tailored for each role.
When Sony approached us, they were already using Smartsheet to select and input their lists of questions, but were having to then put together each questionnaire manually, as there was no way to usefully format the list of questions automatically. They were looking for a way to transfer the list of questions to the relevant manager.
Smarter PDF Creator was used as part of their solution, click here to read the full story.
BELLUS Health is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of chronic cough and other chronic disorders triggered by hypersensitization.
‘Extremely easy to work with…’
“The team is extremely easy to work with and really tries to understand clients’ needs, beginning with the CEO all the way to the programmers. Etienne, one of their programmers/consultants does excellent work, asks the right questions and always delivers as promised. I would recommend them to anyone. At our company, we used them to create enhanced forms and to create PDFs from the information in Smartsheet.”
Tony DiPaolo, Head of Strategic Project Management , Bellus Health.
Smarter PDF Creator can be used to create meeting minutes, where the details of the minutes are captured in Smartsheet.
Discussion summaries and action items stored across multiple rows in Smartsheet would be sent into a pre-formatted branded temlate to create a PDF or MS Word Document at the tick of a box.
The tables in the template would adjust in size to accommodate the number of actions minuted.
Smarter PDF Creator could be used to create a brochure with images and data held in one or more Smartsheets.
The images would be stored in a cell within your Smartsheet and the template would adjust in size to accommodate the image.
Smarter PDF Creator is used to create Risk Assessment documents for a client within the construction industry.
The variable data is stored within multiple sheets for each build and then when required the Smarter PDF Creator collects the variable data, merges it with static data which is stored in a separate sheet to create one PDF document from a collection of pre-formatted templates.
The Smarter PDF Creator will save this client many many hours filling in risk assessment forms.